Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mothers Around the World, A Mosaic

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  : )

This, from a blog I read, Uncornered Market...

Mothers Around the World, A Mosaic

Posted: 09 May 2010 05:58 AM PDT

When I think of my mother and my grandmothers, I feel fortunate to be born into a line of strong and determined women. My mother led by example, demonstrating that one’s personal and professional life is not static, but rather an evolution in personal development and fulfillment that includes taking a bit of risk from time to time. Additionally, both my grandmothers raised families in challenging circumstances – one in Korea shortly after World War II, the other in India in the 1950s.

As I consider their histories, I’m reminded of how much I have to learn from them and the lives they’ve chosen to lead.

On this Mother’s Day, I wondered how I might draw a connection between them and what we’ve learned traveling around the world. One of the most universal and special moments we encounter (and occasionally have the good fortune to capture) is that of a mother holding her child. A glance or a caress evokes care, warmth, pride, happiness, joy.

As our mothers look at us, we look to them.

With that, I leave you the mosaic below and wish a Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers in the world!

A Mosaic for Mother's Day

Mothers and children from Nepal, India, Guatemala, China, Burma, Nicaragua, and Kyrgyzstan


    © 2006-2010 Uncornered Market. Visit Uncornered Market for more stories and travel photography



    Posted via email from rabbitmatch's posterous

    No comments: